| SQL DBA (20140711_01)|
Location: Canton, OH
Synergy Consulting Group is looking for a SQL Server DBA for a contract-to-hire position with a large, energetic company in the Canton area.
This position comes with great benefit options.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
In this position, you will primarily be maintaining day-to-day work in our current environment as well as assisting with setup/build-out of database servers.
- 5+ years of database experience utilizing SQL Server technologies
- Proficient with SQL Server 2008R2 and SQL Server 2012
- Proficient with all aspects of database administration including backups, maintenance plans/routines, general administration
- Strong SSIS skills – solid experience with building/maintaining ETL packages
- Strong query optimization/tuning experience – must be able to read execution plans and take appropriate action(s) to improve performance
- Experience with SQL Server disaster recovery and high availability technologies
- Experience with log shipping
- Ability to create, deploy, and maintain SSRS reports
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Excellent communication/collaboration(teamwork) skills are a must
- Ability to perform requirements analysis/gathering, develop potential solutions, and implement chosen solution
- Ability to troubleshoot failures/error conditions and take appropriate corrective action