| Senior Java Web Developer (20141015_01)|
Location: Cleveland Area
Synergy Consulting Group is looking for Senior Java Web Developer for a full time position in the Cleveland area.
The Senior Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor. As a technical specialist this position also works with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
The Salary for this posiiton is around $100,000 annually, depending on skill set and experience. Position Duties and Responsibilities:
• Acquire and interpret business requirements, creates a functional specification, and determines the most efficient/appropriate technologies.
• Work with Architecture role to review standards in determining the best design to meet project requirements. Responsible for implementing approved architecture design.
• Submit and review technical and process improvement recommendations as a member of the technical leadership team.Acquisition & Deployment
• Perform complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
• Design application and database components for development projects.
• Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
• Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
• Maintain and modify web applications; make approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
• Provide support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Act as a Subject Matter Expert in the discovery and investigation of critical production problems as required.
• Train and teach other developers.
• Conduct research into new technologies, including tools, components, and frameworks.
• Train and knowledge share with development teams.
• Mentor and coach developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
• Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
• Make presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
• Schedule and lead project and communication meetings with clients.
• Provide tier 2, on-call support for critical web application problems and issues.
• Analyze performance of programs and take action to correct deficiencies based on consultation with clients and approval of supervisor.
• Assist with other projects as may be required to contribute to efficiency and effectiveness of the work.
• Participate in hiring activities and fulfilling affirmative action obligations and ensuring compliance with the equal employment opportunity policy.
- 5+ years of IT related experience
- 5 years of experience working on all phases of the Software Development Lifecycle
- Work with customers to build and formulate business requirements
- 3+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle
- 3+ years experience with Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture integration and Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD)
- Experience with Hibernate
- Experience generating Unified Modeling Language (UML) Documentation
- Experience with Portal Development; Cold Fusion Development; Source Control
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product
- Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience
Salary: up to $100,000