| IT Application Support Technician (20140820_02)|
Location: Mentor, OH
Synergy Consulting Group is looking for an IT Application Support Technician for a six month contract with a growing company in the Mentor, OH area.
Responsibilities for this position includes configuring, installing, monitoring, and supporting multiple customer facilities that are using information management products –CS- iQ and ProConnect.
You will also provide technical Helpdesk support and guidance through Tier 1 Helpdesk support. As well as working with vendors, customer site IT, and systems engineers to resolve issues. Responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. Perform analyses, resolve issues using problem solving techniques to develop new and innovative solutions for customers.
This position will require occasional weekend hours to include on-call customer support and remote software installation to customer sites. Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide first line and advanced application support via phone and e-mail including troubleshooting support issues and assisting customers.
- Work with customer’s IT organization to resolve site IT issues that impact proper functioning of applications.
- Receive, manage and resolve customer technical support calls related to STERIS information management products.
- Work directly with customers and other team members to gather information required for the support process.
- Providing update, status of the calls received, closed, open and aging of tickets to manager, problem request tracking system and/or users.
- Manage and track support issues to ensure all customer issues get resolved effectively.
- May provide on-site training to users.
- Install and configure STERIS information management products at customer sites.
- Create installation packages for software deployment at customer sites.
- Maintain application and system and configurations for development systems and simulators in the Software Engineering lab.
- Perform unit, integration, and system testing to include capacity / performance testing of applications.
- Troubleshoot issues to determine if issues are in the customer IT hardware/software domain or in STERIS applications, isolate issues to determine the root cause and possible solutions.
- Proactively become an expert user of the STERIS information management products in order to provide excellent support to customers.
- Provide input on customer issues, change requests, and product defects during release requirements generation to help improve customer experience.
- Collaborate with the development and engineering teams to help identify improvements for future releases.
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology or equivalent vocational or on the job training.
- Three to five years of experience working in technical support of computers, network, applications, etc.
- Configuration of personal and laptop computers, printers, and various other hardware and software required.
- System Administration of the Windows XP/7 environment required. Understanding of Virtual Machine (VM) setup is desirable.
- Experience in providing advanced support in Windows IT applications.
- Microsoft SCCM skills desired--Scripting Packages, Software Deployments, etc. Experience in software installation packaging (e.g., .msi files) desirable.
- Knowledge of Windows Server system administration, including Web Services and IIS servers. Must have a basic understanding of IT security (e.g., firewalls, ports, etc.).
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server administration and/or MySQL administration, and SQL queries (any certifications in these areas will be an advantage).
- Technical understanding of how the web functions, windows networking, and SQL.
- Practical experience in C#, C++, OOA/OOP, and Graphical User Interface development.
Salary: contact us for more details